Another match, another win, same old sequence.
1) Win the toss, bat first. Double the chances of winning.
2) Make some team changes knowing it won’t affect the outcome. Vettori, Sangwan and others come in.
3) Get off to a brisk start and make batting look ridiculously easy. Warner- 33(22), Sehwag- 35(22).
4) Instigate a batting collapse and remember to throw in a hopeless run-out. Gambhir the favorite.
5) Trust Collingwood (St.Paul) and his partner of the day to come to the rescue. St.Paul- 75 (46).
6) End the innings with a total higher than 170 and effectively win the game thanks to the slowing pitch. Target-185.
7) A few sparkles here and there from the opposition batsmen but overall a comfortable win. By 37 runs.
8) Amit Mishra usually being the best bowler.
Sangwan was terrific on this occasion. RCB did the unusual thing by opting to go in with 4 overseas batsmen. Don’t think it mattered much in the end and I don’t expect to see White in action anytime soon. Taylor was impressive which bodes well for cricket fans and Vettori looked out of sorts which is a touch disappointing. Warner taking catches and struggling a bit while doing so makes me wish how wonderful AB would have been doing that. DD should somehow conspire to bring him on to the field, at least for the last 5 overs.
Next Up: An away match at Eden Gardens. The toss shouldn’t be a spoilsport and KKR have the ammunition to spring a surprise which hopefully we can deal with.